In December 2014, the Government issued the Transparency Code for smaller authorities. This code applies to Parish Councils, amongst others, with both income and expenditure under £25,000.
The Parish Council financial year runs from 1 April to the 31 March.
The Smaller Authorities (Transparency Requirements) (England) Regulations 2015 provides that such authorities must publish information in the manner and form and on the occasions specified.
This Parish Council's turnover is less than £25,000, so we will publish the required information.
The information to be published is as follows:-
- Draft minutes of formal meetings no later than 1 month after the meeting.
- Full agendas for formal meetings not later than 3 clear days before the meeting.
- Details of every item of spending of £100 or more showing the date, purpose, amount (This information is detailed in the Minutes of each meeting and also contained in the quarterly bank reconciliation)
- End of year accounts as per the Annual Return
- The Annual Governance Statement as per the Annual Return
- Internal audit report
- Names of Councillors, their responsibilities and which committees and outside bodies they are appointed to by the Parish Council
- Parish Council asset register